Tuesday 17 September 2019

Monday, September 9th, 2019


Montreal, Quebec

Must Walk

"Just meet me at the south-east corner of Atwater and Ste. Catherine's, when you get there," said Gokulananda over the phone.  I had been in one of those seventeen-seater vans operated by Ride Share.  John (a Siberian, from what I could gather) drove a small number of passengers, including myself, from Toronto to Montreal, to the intersection mentioned above.  To ascertain the south-east, I had to look at the sun for directions.

Although my short visit to Montreal was to be for one day only, it was going to be meaningful—an administrative meeting.  B  The drive had been six hours, and lucky me, I had a stretch of four seats in which to go horizontal for a sleep.  But now, I must walk.
y the end of our session, I realized I hadn't invested at all in even an hour's walking.

I conscripted two men from the Montreal ashram to get an hour of leg-motion in.

"Why the walking?" asked one of the men.

"A fish swims.  A bird flies.  A man walks,"  I said, assuredly.  Which reminds me that this Saturday in Toronto, Michael Oesch's film, "Walking the Wisdom of the Road" will be featured, with Michael, himself, as a cross Canada walker, and myself and a group of rookies, who walked as pilgrims in the province of Quebec.  It's an interesting documentary.  It will be shown at ISKCON Toronto this Saturday at 6:00 p.m., and include a live performance by Rhitom Sarkar, a master at playing the Indian slide-guitar.  All are welcome.  I'm looking forward to it.  Tickets are available.  Dinner is included.  Contact 888-218-1040.

May the Source be with you!
5 km


No comments: