Wednesday 10 January 2018

Monday, January 8th, 2018

Burnaby / Toronto

Young Seeker

Rene is a young seeker who describes himself as a “free soul.”  His free soul-ness has recently brought him to Krishna.  I handed him a set of japa meditation beads.  He left his set in Mexico where he resides.  Vancouver is a stop-over.  Next he’ll be in Japan.  Free soul for sure.

He came to my door at 4:00 a.m. after a rain-full walk on steep Royal Oak.  Outside my door I heard a strange sound, something like a dog had come from a swim and was shaking off the water.  That was Rene jiggling rain off his umbrella.  Then I heard his knock on the door.

Precious guy!  He’s serious about his spirituality and has been asking questions galore since I came to British Columbia.  But now I’m leaving and I hope Rene will remain in touch.

I left Vancouver in the dark at 7:30 a.m., and arrived in Toronto just before the sun goes into hiding at this time of year.  At 4:00 p.m. he was slowly descending.  The stay in Vancouver was fine.  Being home is fine, especially with Ugresh offering the best massage for a pair of legs that have been unsteady (knee challenge) since New Year’s.

A kind fellow in Vancouver handed me an excerpt from the American woman known as “The Peace Pilgrim,” who had walked the U.S. almost seven times before her death in a car accident. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_Pilgrim

“All of a sudden I felt uplifted, more uplifted than I had ever been.” She said this one morning while walking.  “I knew a oneness with the rest of creation… And most wonderful of all a oneness with that which permeates all and binds all together and gives life to all.  A oneness with that which many would call God.”

May the Source be with you!

0 km


No comments: