Wednesday 13 February 2013

Thursday, February 7th, 2013

Getting Such Mercy
 
Miami, Florida
 
I was needing vitamin D. I was ready to roll up my sleeves and get my hands dirty doing some gardening. That would mean I could have some sun. Believe it or not, the sun was just too strong for such exposure, and an opportunity arose for a swim at Key Biscayne Beach instead. It was a clear 8 KM walk back to the ashram from the beach. I got my sunshine while pining to do some work on the ground tomorrow before leaving for Trinidad. The potential for an eye popping nostril sniffing flower garden in and around the temple ground is phenomenal.
My time is more leisurely spent in Miami, though not idle, there was also an anticipated kirtan to take place at Coconut Grove and the place next to it, the ghetto. The community does delight in this ancient practice of kirtan. So, I led a 30 person strong sankirtan party through that place of attempted enjoyment. We saw faces lit up as we were on fire with the love of kirtan, the ultimate sound for the age. It is just the formula that brings everyone together.
This procession of 2 kilometres I add to the tally of the day. I scored a beautiful 10, received vitamin D and blessings from the chain of teacher who made kirtan their lifeline, which includes noneother than the magnanimous Sri Chaitanya.
10 KM

No comments: