Friday 31 January 2020

Monday, January 27th, 2020


Georgetown/Port of Spain/Toronto

Last Impression Not Lost

A popular basketball player, Kobe Bryant, along with his daughter and several family friends, died in a helicopter crash on Sunday.  The gentleman sitting next to me in the Caribbean Airlines showed me the footage.  Sad!  I'm also warned about this new coronavirus going around.  At the airport in both Guyana and Toronto, people were donning masks for protection.  Expect trouble ahead as it is the nature of our dual world.

On the brighter side, I'm home.  I'm with my spiritual family, drinking some broccoli soup, and loving it.  And while I was on the aircraft, I came upon a major breakthrough with a play I'm writing on Sri Chaitanya, the walking, chanting Saint.  My heart is floating on the concepts that have come to mind.  I can see the opening scene now and subsequent scenes as they unfold. This is a great moment for me. 

I’ve had time to reflect on my stay in Trinidad, Suriname and Guyana, hot and humid places.  I perceived a sweetness in the people both inside and outside of our community.  The dominant folks are those whose ancestors were African slaves and indentured labourers from India.  Of the Indian folks, most people know us as “Haribols” who give out the fudge prasadam.  Of the Black folks, well I don't know who they think I am, perhaps some white Buddhist.  In any event, I get along with both groups.  Eye contact is easy.  Saying something of good cheer?  It's easy.

My last image of the Caribbean and the airlines was the cover of the air flight magazine—an image of a dancer at the famous Caravan.  That event would be no place for a monk. 

May the Source be with you.
0 km

No comments: