Friday 31 January 2020

Friday, January 24th, 2020


Georgetown, Guyana

Sad and Sweet

So I am hearing about the new oil exploration/exploitation in Guyana.  It’s another story about greed.  It's history on a rerun.

There is also so much to be glum about.  Venezuela has its eye on Guyana because of this new resource.  I also received a call from Canada saying that Russian troops have been settling in at the North Pole for many years now.  That has been under threat for sometime, so I asked my caller, "Is it practically a reality about the Russians?"

"Apparently so."

"Okay, I'm not surprised at human's lust for land, and now I suppose it's snow and ice and what lies beneath," I surmised. 

My walking has been narrowed down by circumstances.  This time it's humidity and car fumes. Luckily there are terraces on each floor of the temple guest house where I stay. At ground level, you get gas fumes that hit you in the face and mouth.  On the second floor, it's less so, as the ocean air comes its way.  On the third floor, you really do catch the wind moving in off the Atlantic.  On the terrace, I can pace, and from there, I can feel the breeze.  I'm lucky.

Part 2 of our "9 Devotions" followed through, and the capacity for presentation reached a peak.  It was well received.  Some themes I was asked to incorporate into the presentation were: My individual lifestyle as a devotee is my best preaching, To serve ISKCON is to serve guru. and Improving interpersonal dealings amongst ourselves.

May the Source be with you!
3 km

No comments: