Saturday 11 January 2020

Monday, January 6th, 2020

Montreal, Quebec

One of the Monks...

One of the monks visiting at the Montreal ashram did not wake up at the usual time.  I went to him reminding him of the hour.

"It's 6:30 a.m."

"I was thinking to rest a little more," he said.  

Not argumentatively, but with a slight firmness, I expressed, "Well, that's eight and a half hours.  That's not enough, really?"  This chap is actually a good person but just once in a while…. 

The excuse was: "I woke up in the middle of the night so my sleep got disturbed."  

My response was: "I had a dream that disturbed my sleep.  I was swimming and a tiger cub saw me, came toward me in the water and his mother then came,  attacked me and killed me.  It was so real, but I got up anyway to attend the morning sadhana.”

Yes, it was a guilt trip I laid on him but I consider it training.  I rapped my knuckles on a nearby desk and said, "So, let's go,” meaning let’s get to the shower.  The job was done.  He washed away the ignorance and came to the balance of our morning sadhana smiling with a refreshed attitude!  I was glad we understood each other.  

Later in the afternoon, whichever men and women were around, all climbed into two vehicles for a quick trip to the Metro subway, where a reserved spot was set for our kirtan chanting. There were some lovely people there (pedestrians) who relished the sound.  https://www.instagram.com/p/B7AY92bgdc_/?igshid=8cran48xfv3r

In the evening, I ran another one of those "9 Devotions Workshops."  It was splendid! 

May the Source be with you!
0 km

No comments: