Tuesday 1 May 2018

Wednesday, April 25th, 2018


Toronto, Ontario

Spring Has Sprung

It is Spring now, at long last.  Showers are upon us, and I was interested to find out that the famous phrase, “April showers bring May flowers,” has its origin way back in the 12thcentury.

Through the rain, I made a trip to Brampton with a purpose.  My signature was required to help establish a devotional enterprise for advancing a healthier lifestyle, along the lines of more walking and growing one’s own veggies.  Going more organic.  Going more green.

I see that the rains are doing that.  They are blessing and regenerating the land with grasses which  manifest that green.  Water also comes quite handy at this time of year as a way to regenerate the interiors of buildings.  For instance, I was quite thrilled to see that the soot collecting on our temple walls comes off with that good old H2O, when applied with cloth and muscle.  In other words, I got into spring cleaning.

To assist me is Dwarkanath, the newly-arrived monk from India.  On the day of Rishi and Pooja’s engagement last Saturday, I looked at the filthy wall with the collective film in one corner. The radiator emanates this blackness. I decided to roll up my sleeves and dip my hand in a bucket of water.  A ladder was necessary in spots.  Dwarkanath also rolled up, and we were both on our way to seeing what clean means.

I felt like the monk, Chaitanya, who, in a frenzy, cleansed the famous temple, Gundica.

He inspires.

May the Source be with you!
0 km (cold rain) 

No comments: