Tuesday 1 May 2018

Friday, April 27th, 2018

Port of Spain, Trinidad

The Day by Air and Water

Nice surprises.  I arrived at Port of Spain, and my dear friend, Guru Prasad Swami, was right there—waiting.  How nice, once again!  We talked. He looked fresh and had a good sleep before embarking on one of those eight-seater planes to St. Lucia.  I wasn’t fresh.  I can’t sleep on an overnight flight.

After a fifteen minute talk with the Swami, over topics that matter, I made my pass through customs, and then exited to meet my driver who took me to the beach, Las Cuevas Beach, in Trinidad.  The gates were locked, but opened at 6:00 a.m., thus we made it to that best of beaches for the swim and water-play of my life.  Other Vaishnavas had come to be part of the fun and therapy.

We left the water for a discussion, on the sand, as well as under the sun, and had a look at Angira Muni’s words to his depressed client, Chitraketu.  “We have to consider the atma, the self, and deny the identity of the body and mind…”  A good discussion, it was.

Also on our agenda was this thick noodle dish, with cheese.  “Everyone in Trinidad sees this prep as the standard beach food,” remarked one of the elders from our group.

Sleep held me down when we arrived at the Longdenville temple.  After a refresher of non-salt water in the shower, I was pleasantly called upon to give a class from the Gita, 7.29, regarding our lovable identity.  Aham brahmasmi.  “I am spirit.”

May the Source be with you!
0 km


No comments: