Monday 5 February 2018

Sunday, February 4, 2018

Mayapura, West Bengal

Abhay Means Fearless

Abhay is a young monk who travels throughout Bengal with a travelling party to disseminate the Bhagavat philosophy by distributing or selling BBT books. He is the only western boy on the team. The rest are local Bengalis. He’s not scholarly, but rather simple. And as far as his physicality is concerned he’s as strong as a bull and has a build like Tarzan.

He can also climb trees like Tarzan. Yes, I’ve used him in productions in the past because of his athletic nature, especially when I saw him climb a tree and jump to the back of one of the elephants. He did so with ease. His mother, Ramanti, who’s in charge of the two elephants, was there at the time and was not too happy about the move.

Abhay, who’s in saffron, dressed like a monk, came to my side today and said, “I don’t know, the elephants seem to not like me anymore.”

“I wonder why, Abhay. Maybe you’ve been too rough with them. Elephants never forget!” I told him.

“That may be true,” he admitted. “I saw the article about your traveling in the latest Padyatra magazine and my mind is teased. I would like to travel like that and see more of nature.”

I told him I can’t guarantee tall trees or animals who would mind bronco-busting activities. Better you stick to spreading the philosophy and the epics of Vyasadeva.

May the Source be with you!
5 km 

No comments: