Tuesday 20 February 2018

Friday, February 16, 2018

Mayapura, West Bengal

Good Formulas

Kitchari is just the best food for many cures.  It is simple, tasty, medicinal and has everything in it.  Believe me, it beats pizza.  I’m taking kitchari to address my illness.

Kitchari is a a combination of rice, dahl, veggies and a host of healthy items, such as ginger, turmeric, and a dab of great ghee.  It’s what I’m consuming.  It is offered to Krishna and is transformed as prasadam, consecrated food.

At the Lotus Building on campus, kitchari is served at lunch along with an entire additional array of quality food, but I’ve been sticking to just my kitchari. Bael juice, also known as wood apple, I find to be most helpful for a cold.  That drink sustains me and pushed me through five hours of meetings.

Special today was kirtan.  First it was kitchari, then it was kirtan.  I was slotted to lead kirtan, chanting, and as usual, I encouraged the dance.   

Many kirtaniyas resort to sitting on the floor and chanting, swaying perhaps to the sound of the drum, the mesmerizing harmonium and a catchy tune.  The tradition of Chaitanya and the Gaudiyas is to get off the laurels and to dance and sing.  It’s a smooth workout.  When kirtan starts off slow and mellow, you can move almost as if doing tai chi.  https://instagram.com/p/BfRyBSvl2kW/

Try it! You’ll like it!

May the Source be with you!
4 km 

No comments: