Saturday 1 October 2016

Tuesday, September 27th, 2016

Tuesday, September 27th, 2016
Toronto, Ontario

Introducing Santosh

Santosh, twenty-three, is a young student of history who just came to Canada.  He’s here for a three month stay at the ashram while attending classes at York University.  He is from Surinam and has never ever been in a metropolis before.

When someone new comes to the city, my way of giving them the keys to the city is by introducing him/her to the streets and trails.

Thus far he is liking the city and I wish him well in his studies.  His stature is tall, but he carries a humble disposition.  He has the facial, pious look of a demigod and is most helpful.  I’ve engaged him in multiple tasks that are of a more physical nature.  In fact, I would say he’s a rare kind who does everything with a healthy attitude.

I realize it’s important to not overlook him with everything that needs doing.  That would be a burn-out program.  A recipe for disaster.  A new person can be very vulnerable, and when people who have services in the temple ashram require help, as in “Can you help me lift this, or carry that, fetch this, fetch that?” such assistance can really stack up.

I guess one of the reasons for my showing Santosh the better walkways is so that when he needs his time off and privacy, he can then know where to go.  His taking a break will be legit.

If you are reading this entry Santosh, please keep in mind the importance of balanced out-put.

May the Source be with you!

5 km



No comments: