Monday 3 October 2016

Friday, September 30th, 2016

Friday, September 30th, 2016
Whitehorse, Yukon

By the Kings of the Sky

Gillian was very gracious to have us do a presentation at the seniour’s home, Macaulay Lodge. I spoke about trail experiences on the various countries I’ve blazed across, not to mention the early one of this morning, on the top of a mountain where eagles and ravens are kings of the sky.

The follow-up to my talk was Ananda’s table demo, which was colourfully cultural for the seniors to witness. Marianne and I inserted the maha mantra.  It was a treat for them.

Whitehorse boasts of having seven-hundred kilometres of walking trails within the city limits, some of which are suited also for cross-country skiing and snow-mobiling.  A short section of the Great Trail (formerly Trans Canada Trail) was checked out by our team of three.  It is essential that I give at least an hour and a half to walking daily during my stay.  I’m getting spoiled by the food here and I must make the effort to burn calories.

On top of this, I’m getting generously loaded down by gifts, some of which require at least tasting.  Attention must be given to local, irresistible, edible products such as birch syrup, spruce tip jelly, and fireweed honey—all to be sampled.

Lillian Strauss, who has lived here in the Yukon for forty-seven years, has also been a spiritual person.  It’s great seeing her come to participate at the venues we attend.  Her affiliation with Bhagavad-gita As It Is teachings have inspired and elevated her.  It was a pleasure having her with us this night, at the more remote home of Harjit Bajwa, the place of sanga, evening chanting and Gita discussion.  More food.  OMG!

May the Source be with you!

7 km

No comments: