Wednesday 26 October 2016

Tuesday, October 25th, 2016

Mumbai, India
  
Parting from Meetings
  
Kirtan, classes, walking, eating—these are the things that excite.  I came to Mumbai for meetings, but as meaningful as topics on the agenda can sometimes be, six-hour days, for several consecutive ones, are very draining.  It’s the above items that keep me alive.

This morning, I delivered a class from the Bhagavatam book where, the stoic sadhu (holy man) was speaking with Vedic ruler, Prahlad.  The sadhu spoke of his own past, confessing about desires pulling  and carrying him to phases of confusion, thus he struggled until he changed his lifestyle to the current one.  He reached a conclusion about life.  It must be simple.  It must be peaceful.

The waves of desires are like the wind that pushes a boat.  This is analogous to an intelligent person’s wit being derailed by “insatiable” desires.  After speaking for an hour’s length, I felt, by the mercy of guru, that I had succeeded in keeping the room of devotees perked up.  Fortunately for them, it wasn’t two three-hour sessions.

I began wrapping up, packing my meagre bags, thus terminating my stay in Mumbai.  Everyone did take care of us old boys in our sixties and soon-to-be seventies.  Succession is badly needed, by the way.  I have my strategy, my choices, my plans of action.  Personally, I feel the need to go back to walking and meeting people.

Up ahead is the western half of the U.S. and then a section of the Camino in Spain, thank God!

I thanked Pavan, a local yoga teacher, for exercises I could employ in the airport and elsewhere.

May the Source be with you!


0 km

No comments: