Monday 16 January 2012

Thursday, January 12th, 2012

SKK

Dallas, Texas

I was waiting at a street corner for my walking partner to fetch his thickest coat to address the strong wintry chill when a beach ball rolled its way past me. It had taken a diagonal direction and landed in the front yard of a non owner. Immediately I thought, "Who reeled that thing at this hour, 12:20 am?" and secondly, "Whose kid does this ball belong to?" The second question couldn't be answered, but the first could.

The wind grabbed that circular object and tossed it for relocation. Further logic ignited. What caused the wind to do that?

Answer: The cause of all causes. I dare say, I thought the answer in Sanskrit, "sarva-karana-karanam," but the meaning is the same, the cause of all causes.

As my walking companion, Chaitanya Chandra and I, walked towards White Rock Lake, it became another query to ask, "How did it get so cold?" After all I'm in Texas and not Cananda. The answer was the same as before, "sarva-karana-karanam." Truly, nothing moves without the will of the Lord.

I took a second jaunt in the evening, in the same direction, along the fairly new path restricted to pedestrians and cyclists. The moon shine lit the way. "What lit the moon?" I asked.

Answer? Is it self-sustaining? Or is it divine intelligence? Or is there another scientific diagnosis? My simplistic approach to all questions about life always ends up the same conclusion. "sarva-karana-karanam," SKK.

7 KM

No comments: