Monday 20 August 2018

Saturday, August 11th, 2018

St. Mathieu du Parc, Quebec

Arrived in Vancouver

It was for me a few last minutes at the Vaishnava Sanga Retreat, so well orchestrated by Krishna Dulal of Russell, Ontario.  The event annually attracts devotees of bhaktiYoga from the surrounding areas.  Mind you, some speakers or presenters came from L.A., Hawaii, Europe and India.  A family from Connecticut and Calgary also arrived.  There is a growing interest in this annual event.

A last morning walk with trekking enthusiasts made it worth the day.  However, I must add that one of the most important elements to a program like this is to gain some company with your peers.  They are your brothers and sisters; that can’t be denied.  It becomes true, sharing experience.

I bid farewell to friends and bros.

The couple taking me to the Montreal Airport is from Mauritius. Krsna Katha and Hari Katha, along with son Vraj, have a fairly strong Creole accent.  KK mentioned to me, on the way to my flight, that one of the managers at the retreat site confessed that “beer” sometimes comes to the centre.

“That’s not so good,” I mentioned to KK.  “Wait a minute, did you say ‘beer’ or ‘bear?’”

“B-E-A-R,” spelled out KK.

“Okay, that’s better.  If a bear comes, there’s not much to worry about.  If beer comes, then so much more damage can be done.”

KK agreed.

I arrived at Vancouver ISKCON in the evening.

May the Source be with you!
4 km

No comments: