Moundsville, West Virginia
Here were some of the activities that doctors and healers, who had converged in New Vrindavana, took part in. I witnessed and partook of the education and fun, too.
1) A full morning sadhanaof chanting, a lesson from the Bhagavatam,and a wholesome breakfast
2) Pranayama / good breathing
3) Surya Namaskar
4) Cooking demo on an oil-free meal—quick enough and easy for doctors on the go
5) Lunch from the demo—chili, quinoa, oat and banana cookies and asparagus
6) Stroll to Palace of Gold and temple cleaning
7) Kartalplaying lessons—by yours truly
8) Family bonding games—charades
9) Hearing from a youth’s perspective
10)Heart 2 Heart Panel discussion
12)Campfire kirtan,and, in the rain
Most activities were held in the Yoga Shala.
Many interesting subjects came out of the sessions. Sad, but true, a high percentage of doctors in America suffer from doctor’s burn-out. Suicide is high in the profession.
We did discuss some factors that could alter the figures, such as boosting spirituality, a better pacing of oneself in the profession, and making families strong through communication input.
Simple statements, but much work needs to be done, for medical students, as well.
May the Source be with you!