Sunday 8 April 2018

Monday, April 2nd, 2018

Durban, South Africa

A Walk Within the Fest

A component to this 30th Festival of Chariots was the organized walk along the Promenade this morning, featuring The Walking Monk.  At 7:00 a.m., a group of forty people assembled at the Blue Waters Hotel for an hour of communication and fun while taking steps under the sun.  The fun was just that—walking while meeting and greeting.

Durban is one of those progressive cities that looks to the needs of its citizens. Maybe not on all levels;  I’ve heard about the Medicare system.  It’s not perfect, but it is there.  The installment of a broad promenade that we tread is smart, and makes the beach all that more attractive for tourists. The inter-locking, laid, is a mix of rich earthy tones, and curves in snake-like patterns.

I believe that for mingling with people who are drawn to out-of-doors, a walk like this is a must for community development.

Physical walking wasn’t all.  A smaller crew headed for the beach after the walk.  I was one of them.  The current at Beachfront was very strong.  Life-guards were on duty.  Such therapy it was.

My devotional presentation at the Festival site was as Dance Mastain the Bhakti Cloud tent.  For a half hour, I “cut-the-rug,” a pre-’50s saying.  In between presentations of sorts, I always try to make room for listening and offering solutions to trying situations.

The pen I’m using to write with has a caption, “Take the long way home.  It makes up for the fries you ate.”  Well, fries I did eat.  I can’t resist a bit of junk food at this annual event.

May the Source be with you!
6 km

No comments: