Thursday 1 September 2016

Thursday, August 18th, 2016

Thursday, August 18th, 2016
Surrey, British Columbia

On Joy TV

I was at the Toronto Airport in anticipation of securing my boarding pass at the machine.  I was just waiting for the person in front of me to complete their pressing the screen, so I could move forward, when an airport attendant, an Afro-woman, approached me to help expedite the process.  She smiled and stretched out her arm as if to ask for my hard copy details for the flight to Vancouver.  I handed them over.

“Where to?” she asked, her admirable braided hair tied behind her, and glasses gracing her face.

“Vancouver!”

She pressed along and asked something unusual.

“What sampradaya?

Sampradaya means lineage in terms of spiritual tradition.

To her question, I replied, “The Brahma-Madhava-Gaudiya-Hare-Krishna sampradaya.”  I elongated the name with “Hare Krishna” as that is more identifiable for the public.  “And you?”  I asked.

“I’m with the Sri sampradaya.”  This I found most interesting.  Time didn’t allow for more discussion.  I was happy to share sacred words with another person.

After landing and having a decent sleep, I was driven to Surrey where the “Joy TV” studio is located.  Harpreet Singh, a member of the Sikh tradition, hosts the show.  Our topic was happiness.  “Despite technological advancement, we find a world which is wrought with people of unsettling mind.  Therefore inner joy is to be sought.  Outer joy is temporal.”

I also was able to highlight pilgrimage and its benefits.

May the Source be with you!

5 km



No comments: