Sunday 14 February 2016

Sunday, February 7th , 2016

Sunday, February 7th , 2016
Scarborough/Toronto

To Walk

I was compelled to walk my last hours away
After speaking at three venues all in one day
And conjuring up what was appropriate to say
To listeners in helping them on in some way

I went for the stroll to put any closure
To this day, to give balance and utter composure
But I look around me at a world in a seizure
That is so much removed from proper procedure

Left-over Christmas, now Valentine hearts
The doors are all closed to all shopping marts
Until they do open when a new day starts
When breakfast is served with pancakes and tarts

I was compelled to walk my last hours away
After we sang a chant making us all feel okay
Away from a world we do say ‘No way Jose’
It is here at the temple we feel we’re at play

May the Source be with you!

6 km

No comments: