Wednesday 3 February 2016

Monday, January 25th 2016

Monday, January 25th 2016
Port of Spain, Trinidad

Awkward

I can’t boast to have walked today.  I can’t even brag that I have spread out my arms, flapped them and took off in a flight.  Flying I did but by way of sitting in an aircraft, Caribbean Airlines, destination Trinidad.

It was an awkward sit.  I was in seat 9B.  A father and his teenage daughter were in A and C.  That meant I was in-between them. Before we had actually settled in I suggested that they sit together as I could see they were karmicly linked, by blood.  The father declined the offer.  “No, I would rather take the aisle seat.”

“Okay, this should be interesting.”  I thought, “Maybe they are a little ticked off with each other.”

That clearly wasn’t the case.  Between the computer works each one of them was doing at their individual seats, they did have fairly amiable communication while I was in the middle.  I leaned far enough against my chair in order that they would see each other.  At least twice I leaned to the extreme forward position in order that they maintain a conversation while I would stretch and re-position.

It was interesting.  I had to maintain a neutral disposition in all of this.  After the six hour flight and landing in Port of Spain I was driven to the ISKCON Longdenville Centre.  By evening time I was asked to speak on the verse from the Bhagavad – Gita 12:17.

“One who neither rejoices nor grieves, who neither laments nor desires and who renounces both auspicious and inauspicious things- such a devotee is very dear to me.”

May the Source be with you!

0 km

No comments: