Friday 25 September 2015

Tuesday, September 22nd, 2015

Tuesday, September 22nd, 2015
Oxford, Massachusetts

Number of Highs

There were a number of high points today such as stepping on millions of acorns fallen from the trees. It's a sign of prosperity, I guess. Surely you hear those squirrels uttering their satisfaction.

You've also got walnuts a bit larger in size. It's good for acupressure and reflexology on the feet. Karuna and I continued to find an abundance of wild grapes. We can't get enough of them as we coast along, on foot, through the typical New England terrain on shady up-and-down roads.

An accountant took notice of the pilgrimage.

I was walking on Central Turnpike when a semi-retired 'man of numbers,' Peter J. Reilly, pulled over.

"Can I give you a ride?" he asked. I then explained my mission and about our guru, Srila Prabhupada, coming to America 50 years ago. "Can my wife and I offer you lunch?" My response was quick, "Yes but we're vegetarian, no onions and garlic."

"No problem," he explained and also mentioned that his wife, Evy, follows a similar diet. So, it was a date. We ate. We spoke. We made friends.

From there we rushed to Rhode Island, to Brown's University in the city of Providence. A meditation group, headed by Jeremy, had us present meditation on sacred sound. It was more of an interactive and inclusive experience. Sound is powerful - everyone agrees - but sacred sound is beyond powerful. We chanted various mantras which are well established in the yoga tradition of bhakti.

A nice group of students! It appears that they are looking to reap the benefits of meditation just as much as they wish to excel in their studies.

I would like to refer to something Srila Prabhupada said in regards to achieving higher consciousness. "It all depends on attitude," he said.

 
May the Source be with you!

12 miles/ 19km

No comments: