Sunday 24 May 2015

Monday, April 20th, 2015

Monday, April 20th, 2015
Regina, Saskatchewan

Collective Love


While waiting for my flight at the Regina Airport, a woman approached me and asked if I was a monk.  I told her of the Krishna conscious order I belong to as she initially mistook me for a Buddhist. 

“Oh, yes, I used to see you guys all the time in Vancouver,” she said, and then leaned over closer and in almost a whisper, said, “there’s too many Christians around here.”  She alluded to the fact that Christians are not her favourite people.  She has a right to her own opinion, of course.  She was actually very kind to me, and just wanted to talk to me like anything about animals being protected. 

I told her of one of the names of Krishna, Gopal, it means ‘one who is a friend to the animals, especially the cow’.

“Oh, and I guess the pigs and chickens as well?”

“Yes, of course.”

She went about her way and then I began to chant on my beads.  I was actually still waiting for my flight when a gentleman came up to me.  I had actually dozed off a bit from fatigue, not enough rest from the night before. 

“I’m sorry to wake you, but I just wanted to say that God loves you.”  Now, I was already aware of you, about the love factor, but it’s good to be reminded.  He went on a bit about Jesus and his loving side.  Frankly, I know about this, so my response was, “Jesus loves you too!” I reassured him.  I don’t think he expected that remark from me.  It seemed to even throw him off.  The gentleman then returned to his far distant seat.

I know that Krishna loves me, He’s been looking after me for some time.  If more people say, and above all, demonstrate their love, whether it be coming from Jesus or a lady or a man at the airport, and of course, Krishna, all collectively come together, we would be living in a better world. 

May the Source be with you!


5 km

No comments: