Friday 3 April 2015

Saturday, March 14th, 2015

Brampton, Ontario

Two Black Dudes


I had walked toward Brampton en route to a satsang in someone’s home when off on Eglinton Avenue, I was approached by a couple of black dudes.  They were in a black van and they tooted their horn indicating they wanted to talk.  They lowered the window, and I could see the interior was black.  The two men in the car were in black, their caps were black.  The only thing I remember that wasn’t noir was the earring on one of the guys’ earlobes.  It was imitation gold. 

The passenger was very curious, “Didn’t I see you yesterday in Yorkville (a swanky part of town)?  Like, what are you doin’, man?”

“That was me, and now I’m here, walking.  I’m a monk, walking.  I walked Canada four times.”  To this remark, the two looked stunned.  I gave them my card, which has on the flip side, the maha mantraHare Krishna Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.

With an invite to our temple and Govinda’s restaurant, I left them, and with their further questions answered.  I hope I’ll see the two black dudes with their glistening earrings in the future, perhaps even at our temple.  My point in relating this, once again, is that when you go out in devotional garb, opportunities occur. 

There were other areas that I happened to cover on foot today in Etobicoke and Milton.  I passed by their various religious institutions, the bulk of them being Christian.  There’s one place that promotes themselves as being a venue for miracles.  It’s near the Toronto airport.  I was tempted to go inside to see if I might experience a miracle, but then I thought, “What the heck, I have miracles happening in my life all the time, big and small.”

May the Source be with you!

7 KM

No comments: