Sunday 13 September 2009

Wednesday, September 9th, 2009

In the Sky

Over the U.S.

One of the most exciting aspects of today was sitting next to a person unknown to me but someone born in the same place I was. Well, “This is a small world.”, was our realization. On my return journey from Fiji via Los Angeles was a woman born in Chatham, Ontario in the hospital across the river from where I was born, the second hospital. It turns out she is a runner and that was her reason for going to L.A.

We did have something to share knowing the same Thames river, knowing the same people and also knowing about marathon walking/running. It’s discussions like this that throw you back into childhood. It’s hurtful to hear how a place has closed down that was so much a part of your childhood. Or even to hear how trees have been removed, trees you have known for residential development.

Attachment goes so deep that we wish no change be there to break our precious childhood. We expect everything to freeze. We impose that nothing should change without our permission. But reality stands and things will change for better or worse because this material world is in constant flux. That is it’s very nature and because it is always changing you can’t put a lot of trust in it.

We who are very conditioned by this world are left to wonder, “What or who to trust?” These thoughts may appear, “airy”, while flying thousands of feet in the air. I was waiting to land.

Back in 1973 my childhood ended and I found a grounding or an anchorage in Krishna Consciousness. I felt I could put trust in the profound words of the ancient and fresh message of the Bhagavad-Gita.

My day ended perfectly with a 9km walk from 10-12am midnight, meeting all kinds of people and being comforted by a visit from my dear god-brother, VedaVyasa Priya Swami.

I felt very grounded.

9 Km

No comments: