Sunday 4 October 2020

Saturday, October 3, 2020

Yorkville, Toronto

 

From Mistrust to Trust

 

“We live in a period of mistrust” is just an understatement. Whomever you talk to these days you’ll see heads nod in agreement once the topic comes up.

 

Just before my walk through Yorkville I sat with a nice family from Brampton and spoke on the topic of “lack of confidence.” Murli and Driti, as well as their two daughters, were at a consensus. The public is estranged from their leaders, due to their poor governance of their nation. I need not mention names of belligerent fellows who are behind the wheels, offering only misdirection. Most of our world leaders are simply in the wrong place.

 

Another area where mistrust has become escalated is in the figures the public receives regarding the victims of Covid-19. There’s no doubt that the earth’s population is cursed with a nasty virus. Even some very conservative people that I know question the numbers that come to us. Is it that flu and other virus victims are lumped into the statistics to be included in the Covid list? A lot of people feel they are being deceived. Honesty and straightforwardness are now perceived as virtues of the past.

 

I, for one, rarely keep tabs on all the numbers, because I too am highly skeptical at today’s reporting. I do, however, value and cherish an attempt to remember the figures given to me in a mere spiritual context. I have 16 rounds to chant on my beads. 4 principles by which I live my life. 26 qualities to embrace. 10 offenses to avoid. 7 purposes to fulfill. All while I try to hit some number of kilometres on foot each day. I trust those numbers.

 

Maybe Source be with you!

4 km


 

No comments: