Tuesday 31 December 2019

Wednesday, December 25th, 2019

Mississauga/Toronto

More Depth

Dharma just had his birthday, and to celebrate, Rajasuya conducted an agnihotra, a mild version of a fire sacrifice.  Actually, this time he gave training to Surabhi, his wife, and so the ceremony went on in what you might say was a Vedic version of honouring Christmas.  That was in Mississauga.

Back in Toronto, I had a chat with Billy, and I asked him his feelings about the Christmas season.  It can be joyful for some.  For others—a time of depression.  He suggested that we try to deepen our feelings of devotion before trying to go up or out.  https://www.instagram.com/p/B6iE7H3AsVC/?igshid=1cbdg6763p988

I then asked him for a favour.  "Maybe you can make this a Christmas gift."

"Sure," he said.

"Drive me to a spot about seven kilometres from my home base, here at the temple, and I'll walk back."

"I can do that; I'm going to North York," he said with an eagerness to execute.  

At that moment, Durjoy, whose birthday was today (he turned twenty-eight) passed by.  He came over specifically to find me and to go for a birthday walk.  Durjoy also climbed into Billy's car, and drove with us to Glengrove and Yonge, where Billy left us to amble along, going in a gradual downhill fashion.

I would say that Durjoy and I were dipping and deepening that hour and a half by walking and chanting.  The rule was: as little talk as possible.  We completed our mission.  It was good because less chat can mean more depth.

May the Source be with you!
7 km

No comments: