Wednesday 25 December 2019

Saturday, December 21st, 2019

Toronto, Ontario

I Burst Out

I burst out the door eager for that winter air.  I had been inside all day dealing with ‘inside’ things.  It was 7:00 p.m., and I headed for Bloor Street, but the ‘inside’ was now ‘outside’ following me around.  I mean to say, that when walking, if you have a cell phone with you, you're still carrying an office with you.  It was a meaningful dialogue, with Rajasuya educating me on all the crime that occurs around the e-world.  I experience it, and with all my naïveté, I become a victim like so many other users.

Anyway, we ended our conversation, closing down my office for a more freeing walk, while appreciating the lesson.  I made my way west to Christie and back, and while passing by "Lee's Palace," a place of music, out came a young man, who noticed me, and asked, "Are you the Walking Monk?"

So I answered him, "I'm a monk and I'm walking."

"I know Emma," he said.

"Oh, from Edmonton?"

And he said, "Yes!"

We continued talking, and then I, and he, continued walking our own ways, happy to have met, and for me, relishing the ‘small world’ in which we live, and also feeling liberated by not having that phone stuck to my ear.  

He might have ignored me had he seen me busy doing something.  I cannot think of anything more important than seeing faces and noticing walking paces, then connecting with some of what you observe.  You should avoid cars, but you should not avoid people. 

May the Source be with you!
7 km

No comments: