Sunday 15 December 2019

Sunday, December 8th, 2019

Toronto/Brampton/Toronto 

All Good Stuff

Jesse was striking bowls, chimes and cymbals, all as a way to calm the natural tensions of a crazy world,  within earshot of the twenty or so (but growing) participants, sitting on the yoga mats provided.  The venue was Govinda's, which was formerly the chapel of this old church, with its twenty-five-foot ceiling and impressive arches.

I live in this building, but it's the first time I attended ‘Temple Groove’, so well-orchestrated by Bill, Jesse and Chris.  I led the chants.  With a soft approach to the mantras, I opened with: "Here are some morning monk mantras..."  And this was after a wholesome chat with Fraser, who in the past was a rocking rapper, but has now turned-on to kirtan.  He's changed his life around, and credits Chaitanya and Prabhupada with that.  He explained to me that it's all positive.

My stay with the temple ‘groovers’ was short and sweet.  I was whisked off to ISKCON Brampton on Advance Boulevard.  At this location, families were really moving and chanting, and most likely, by then, the groovers were as well.  We had two sessions like this.  Senses were aroused and spirits were too.  Kids got into it.  I delivered a class, as well, about not being miserly but being a sharer—a sharer of the gift of wisdom.  "Share the Gita!"  I recommended.  

I did the same back at homebase, and gave a peptalk about avoiding Scroogeness, and giving what you know. There, presentations occupied a pleasant time, time that did not allow for any walking.  I guess you could say I'm clergy, and clergy is busy on Sundays.

May the Source be with you!
0 km

No comments: