Thursday 26 December 2019

Monday, December 23rd, 2019

Toronto, Ontario

My Driver and My Driving

My driver from yesterday is doing really well in his devotional life, in the aspect that he is a good driver.

Sometimes I'm asked if I drive, and my answer is, "I used to.  I did so much service for the mission by way of running errands with some vehicles."  I wasn't always so lucky with driving, though.  I don't want to say I had a bad reputation as a reckless driver like John Lennon, but by some circumstance, I found myself in the throes of a few accidents, one involving a train.  That I'll explain in greater detail in my forthcoming book.

At some point in my life as a monk, on a mission, I let my driver’s license expire so that I could highlight walking. 

For walking today, I hit the neighbourhood streets including the back alleyways.  It was so nice, and temperatures were up at ten degrees Celsius.  At junctures, I could not avoid traffic.  Those convenient monsters are always something to look out for.  Such is life.  One does have to turn one's head in at least two directions before making a move forward.  Caution is always a watch world in the mind of a walker when motorists are involved.

After a mere three kilometres, duty, and not nature, was calling.  Drama practice.  Our Toronto crew was all set for drama practice.  We are getting ready and set for our take in English on the play, The Gita.  Always fun.  Always disciplined.  Always learning! 

May the Source be with you!
3 km

No comments: