Sunday 8 December 2019

Sunday, December 1st, 2019


Edmonton / Calgary

Time In Two Places

Chandan is an enthusiastic and energetic fellow, father, husband, bhakti-yogi.  He took a forward step this morning by sitting at the fire for his diksha (initiation).  His new name is Chandramauli, in reference to Shiva, who carries the moon.  He's happy.

My walking time was under the moon in Calgary, after the sangha program, the Sunday Open House.  My dear Dhruva came out to see me as i was leaving the building.  He came in his flip flops with snow all around.  Luckily for me, the temperature rose to just above freezing.  After a sold hug from Dhruva, I made my way downward towards 16th  Ave or the Trans Canada Highway.  This gave me time to reflect on programs of the day, both in Edmonton and Calgary, of zealous people chanting, dancing and merry making (without any booze or other stimulants). 

While walking along what's called Edmonton Trail in the city of Calgary, where you have pubs and taverns along the way, I reflected on my good fortune of not having to succumb to that culture of spirits.  Rather, I feel connected to The Spirit.  Yes, I feel the presence of a companion within, a guide in the form of Paramatma within my heart.  That sensation is not always there.  If anything, I carry with me the direction given by guru.  I keep it in the forefront of my mind in an attempt to think and do as he did.  I see it as the ultimate safety zone to be in.

I got picked up by the family I usually stay with, and was driven to their home.  Thank you Radha Madhava, Swasti and the two Bliss Sisters.  https://www.instagram.com/p/B5krtmjglF_/?igshid=1cjx0l44y8qve

May the Source be with you!
4 km

No comments: