Sunday 12 February 2017

Wednesday, February 8th, 2017

Mayapur, India


Putting Patience In Place


The situation with the gout in my left foot is improving.  Internal medicine, massage, rest and diet adjustments are making the difference.  I just can’t do my usual Mayapur trek along the elephant trail, the Taranpura Road and the pathway parallel to the Jalangi River.

I’m a patient so patience is required.  Yes, patience is that great virtue that dallies with time.  It is a good wait.

I’m trying to train those who attend my drama practices in punctuality.  And punctuality has all to do with respecting time.

“Time is God,” according to the Gita.  It is certainly one way to view the Absolute.

Our guru, Srila Prabhupada, was such a believer in punctuality.  He didn’t like it when the chowkidar (security guard) was late in ringing the bell at the temple entrance.  It would have to be rung on the hour, at least.

I remember the town I grew up in, where the church bells would sound especially at high noon.  It was really pleasing to the ears.  Those chimes were of a joyous nature.  It reminded me of God’s presence.  I wasn’t always a great lover of sitting in the classroom.  I felt, often times, more at home in church.  I guess I felt more patient there, more sattvic (calmed).

Tomorrow marks the first day of the AGM in Mayapur and I pray for patience as we leaders discuss various issues.

May the Source be with you!


3 km

No comments: