Wednesday 15 February 2017

Sunday, February 12th, 2017


Mayapur, India


Fingers Walking


I let my fingers do some walking along the shoulder and upper backs of fellow monks.  They were either lunching at the time or just sitting in conversation.  I went around the tables where they were seated.  It was my service to them.

Most of the swamis, monks and seniour men I approached, were aging and stiff.  I allotted a minute and a half on average.  Oh, they appreciated it alright.

I’m also keeping up therapy for the gout foot.  That means massage.  Thanks to my helper Karuna Sindhu, who is, in my mind, a super-star brahmacari (monk).  When I come to think of it, we have, in Canada, some good men, and the ones we have are of good quality.  There’s Hayagriva, Brihat, Nitai Ram, and more.  They are exceptional.  I’m blessed with their company.

This evening we presented “Mr. Puri” the drama, to gurus, swamis and seniour men and women.  Our cast and crew were on fire with the performance.  It’s such a magical story, profiling a walking monk by the name of Madhavendra.  He has interactions with the people of his time, in the 15th century, and with the deity of Krishna.

The source of the material that provided the story for the script is from the Bengali text Sri Chaitanya Charitamrita.  It’s translated to English—thank God.  A good read.

May the Source be with you!


3 km

No comments: