Thursday 16 February 2017

Tuesday, February 14th, 2017

Mayapur, India


It Starts With Red


When the sun rises in Mayapur, it shows up in the direction of the Jalangi River.  It appears beautifully.  A perfect circle, red, hot.  To me it foretells the weather condition.  It’s now warming up and when that warmth passes through the Ganges dampness, you get humidity.

I really can’t complain.  The steamy days start to set in next month.  Enjoy what you have and tolerate the oncoming mosquito wave.  Know when to be out, when to open and close doors.  Slide open the window with the screen.

My morning session of meetings with the monks was all to do with conducting more efficiently run meetings.  A committee was formed for that.  Thank you God!

There is, however, room for kirtan (chanting), and sravanam (listening) of a great class by Japanese/Canadian born Banu Swami, and releasing tension through dance in the green ritual called Tulasi Puja.  Walking is still kept to a minimum, but at the rate the gout is going, I should be able to increase the amount of stepping...soon.

And for the final lines in our script of “Mr. Puri,” here goes.

“I’m getting old now and I don’t need to hear any nonsense from anyone.  I just want to be close to my Lord, who is always youthful and always loving.  I’m gathering my life’s possessions, including what’s left of the pot of kheer.  And I will just keep walking on the trail.”

May the Source be with you!


4 km

No comments: