Sunday 12 February 2017

Saturday, February 4th, 2017

Mayapur, India

Drama Coming Along Like Magic
  
I’m getting around with lesson of a hobble.  From room to temple, to auditorium, to eating lounge and back to the room, services are being covered. 

What are those services? Presently we’re participating in hearing, chanting, reading, writing, and drama.  I’ll increase it to eating, greeting, smiling, encouraging, and sleeping, not to leave anything out.

I am spending considerable time teaching drama, as well.  I have a seven-year-old boy from France, Narada Muni, whom I’m training for a part in our play, “Mr. Puri.”  Yes, he’s young but he’s learning fast.

The whole assemblage is coming together like magic.  As usual, over and above the three or four people I’ve lined up, I have to scout and hunt for actors here on the grounds in Mayapur.

I met Narada Muni and his parents quite by accident on my first day here.  He told me he’s been watching my dramas on YouTube.  To his parents I asked, “Would you be interested in having your son audition?”  They went for it.

The next day I went to the Panca Tattva Hall to hear Bhagavatam class.  Near the end of the class, a young fellow headed for the exit; to do so, he had to pass through the crowd and by me.  He looked Hispanic and I could tell by the way he pleated the front of his dhoti (lower garment) that he’s an artist.  I set my hands to pranams.  He did so as well.  I grabbed those hands of his and set him down next to me.

“Do you do dramas, and do you dance?”

“Yes, I’m a professional.”

One thing led to another and he’s now on board.

May the Source be with you!


3 km

No comments: