Wednesday 1 February 2017

Saturday, January 28th, 2017

Brampton, Ontario

A Monk’s Saturday


I actually enjoyed doing more of those priestly-type duties today, such as attending a home blessing where I gave a message to the family and invitees.  I also visited a young couple’s home along with their newborn, Manjari.  A baby blessing.

There was also a spontaneous sanga, home visit.  It’s been two years since I last visited them.  A pleasant obligation.

Also I attended a set meeting.  One congregation had an issue with a member and a number of us sat to discuss, resolve and care for all concerned.  That was a very wholesome exercise and it was an opportunity for everyone to grow.

So, I travelled some turf, some distance, to get to the various destinations, but, unfortunately, none of it was executed with leg power.  I was driven everywhere.  It was practical in order to reach each appointment.

No high pressure involved in the above programs.  All went less formal and more casual and the one-on-one connections at some of the venues were really nurturing.

At one home where Manjari, the two-week old infant lives, a vast entree of food was presented.  It was temptingly rich and I had to courteously refrain from most of the items to address my gout issue.  I was proud of resisting, but felt bad for the host and cook who had set out to please.

Something to share:

“I have two doctors, my left leg and my right.” G.M. Trevelyan

“The best remedy for a short temper is a long walk.” Jacqueline Schiff

May the Source be with you!


0 km

No comments: