Saturday 21 December 2013

Wednesday, December 18th, 2013

Little Mouse in the Snow

Saranagati Village, British Columbia

The first living entity I saw today was a spider I saw crawling along the base of a shower stall.  I took extra care to angle the shower head in such a way that he wouldn’t get flushed down the drain.

The second creature for my eyes to meet seemed to be exploring territory.  He was a tiny mouse.  I first detected him after noticing an interesting trail of teeny footprints impressed into the freshly fallen snow.  It was those hypnotic type of snowflakes coming down ever so light against the stark black sky.  With flashlight in hand I kept eyes mainly on the white covered road in front of me.  The little fella, the mouse, was scurrying along and leaving his mark.  I just missed his small bodily frame when stepping along.  I aimed my flashlight directly over the little guy and then got close to him as if to give him the spotlight.  That certainly alerted him.  Perhaps he momentarily liked the attention.  Perhaps he froze from having stage fright.

I let him go on to venture at his whim as he likely was set out to search for food.

“Adios.”

I proceeded on to the location of the temple which is facilitated by an elder, Kulashekhar.  After a shake off of snow, we conducted sadhana  (spiritual practice) together.  In the dim and mystic candlelit room, we sang the Guruvastakam along with other adjoining prayers before I trekked to the Venables Valley School for a second installment of mantras.  This was followed by a devotional theatre workshop conducted by yours truly.  That went down well, including the pizza prepared with love by devotees.

Much later, Gosh Thakur, my friend from Quebec, lead me to the summit of a mountain, the location of the recently installed internet tower.  The sun, at this point, was hidden away when Gosh Thakur and I took the gradual but steady climb up.  It was a heart pounding workout with healthy panting and puffing.  We crossed the footprints of much wildlife – of mice (and not men), deer, coyotes and rabbits.  At the very top, we paused to catch our breath and a great view as we sat restfully atop a log chatting.  The world seemed quite awesome from our stance.  We were high, although we were truly small, like the little mouse.

We will always be small, but carry large and hard driven dreams.  We just want to make sure that our dreams line up with the wishes of the creator.

May the Source be with you!

7 KM

No comments: