Saturday 21 December 2013

Monday, December 16th, 2013

A Pleasure

Burnaby, British Columbia

It’s always a pleasure to sit down and hear something motivationally strong, coming from experience.  My spiritual brother, Kriphanidi, spoke from the Bhagavatam, a text that by regular reading has the effect of shrinking that which is inauspicious in the heart – anger, envy, greed, etc.

Hearing the realizations of others enhances your own realizations.  It’s also a pleasure to push the wheel chair of Padyavali, my godsister, on the ISKCON property, because she can’t do it on her own.  When she, Manu and I, sit to talk or have lunch together as we did today, we have a blast at joking.  It lifts our spirits.  I recall this last summer, during the course of my fourth cross-Canada trek, pushing the chair of a middle aged handicapped native person to Tim Horton’s doughnut shop for a coffee, and then to church.  This happened at a bridge in Winnipeg as he was waiting for someone to come along.  I lost about a half hour of time from my routine walking, but I gained something through service.

It was also a pleasure to serve the guru by sitting in-the-round with administrators of ISKCON.  Although topics can be grave and taxing, the challenges can excite you.  You probe the brain and you tap the heart in search for answers.  By nighttime, I sat in the director’s chair, so to speak, for a new take on Ram’s pastimes.  ‘The Little Big Ramayan’ will be presented on the 29th of this month.  Along with cast and crew, we are starting to shape this production which is in its embryonic stage.  It had me constantly leaping back and forth from chair to stage.  It was a pleasure.

My final pleasure session of the day was a walk after all was done.  It was damp and dark out, but the moon  gave consolation.  Around its fullness were massive rainbow rings; perfectly round concentric circles surrounding it.  Awesome!  Just awesome!  What a pleasure!  What a pleasure!

May the Source be with you!

6 KM

No comments: