Monday 30 December 2013

Friday, December 27th, 2013

Burnaby, British Columbia

Fidgety, Feisty and Fun

Before and after treks near the local green houses I engaged in a nine hour drama practice.  Rekha Sharma Wilson is a pro in drama and she made a difference in helping to hold down the reigns.  What I mean by that is that apart from her expertise in stage presentation, she helped in calming the participants, all rather young (in their teens).  They are rather wild, but wonderful.  Fidgety, feisty and fun.  Totally loveable.

Our assignment, or shall I say, volunteer passion, was to pull together the story of Ram and Sita and to take it’s epical scale down to a modest 30 minute production without losing colossal quality.  In it I have the Divine couple along with brother, Laksman, portray a wandering of the wilderness trails in the Dandak forest.  I couldn’t resist inserting some walking.  The piece is called, “Little Big Ramayan”.

To hold down a good production, much energy is required.  We have it.  When working on one scene which required undivided attention, those actors from our crew who are off the set also have their own undivided attention in other corners of the room.  I thought at times that our crew was a galaxy of planets.  Yoga, discipline, control, harmony, didn’t seem to be full reality.  Rekha and I strove for cohesion.  I am not complaining as much as I was admiring the hyped nature of things.  It seems sugar levels were high.  Seeing this dynamic I thought I was going to lose it.

After six hours of bhakti engagement, we then got down to a full run through of the play and just by seeing all the participants in action, everything got redeemed for me.

These young folks are at an age where they can be out drinking, smoking dope, having casual sex and so many other things.  They’ve chosen instead to involve themselves in a superior engagement.  They have a taste for what’s sweet and they take pride in keeping it clean.

We completed our practice and I took that last trek of the day to wind down the creative and mental affairs in my head.  All is good.  Om tat sat.

May the Source be with you!

8 KM

No comments: