Port Royal, Pennsylvania
Before the long haul to Pennsylvania by rented car, I squeezed in two and a half kilometers on foot in the town of Russell, Ontario. Our driver was Nitai Priya, but passengers, Gaura, Sing Lung Wong and myself had time to kill. Usually it’s my job to insert the spiritual element into these trips. So I asked everyone including driver if we could act as a self proclaimed panel of judges on coming up with our top ten favourite pastimes of Krishna.
Here is what we came up with; our top ten (and not necessarily in order favourite to less favourite):
1) Krishna kidnapping Rukmini
2) The gopis (cowherd maidents) blocking Krishna from leaving their village, Vrindavan.
3) Krishna smiling while his friend, Arjuna, was confused.
4) Krishna washing the feet of attendees at the Rajasuya sacrifice.
5) Krishna consuming the meager rice of poor man, Sudhama
6) Krishna’s mother, Yasoda, looking into the mouth of her son, and seeing the cosmic form.
7) The bumblebees that spoke to Radharani, Krishna’s confidante.
8) Krishna duplicating or cloning himself as many cowherd boys.
9) Krishna massaging His elder brother, Balaram’s legs.
10) Krishna wrestled down the bulls to win Princess Satya as His bride.
Dear readers, what are your tope ten favourites? I would like to hear from you.