Wednesday 20 January 2021

Sunday, January 17, 2021

243 Avenue Rd., Toronto

 

The Boom and Gloom of Zoom

 

Today, during a Zoom call, I was in the illustrious company of our leaders. I offered them my praises. They were mostly younger than me, the next generation who believe in book marathons, and have just completed one in December into early January. The books are of a revolutionary kind, in terms of altering consciousness.

 

The focus during that period of time was predominantly on the sponsoring and disbursement of Bhagavad-Gita’s. To accomplish this all involved worked very hard. In addition to expressing gratitude people on the call took turns reporting and conveying various techniques and practices for more effective ways of reaching out to a public that is receptive. Overall, it was meaningful sangha, as we say, a gathering, on a virtual level.

 

My second Zoom for the day was with family. Yes, I have five siblings and we like each other. Our conversation was less spiritual and yet not mundane. We kept it light enough. It was a sharing of our past as well as dreams of the future. Surely, we captured moments of the present; which is always pertinent.

 

I’m not a passionate lover of modern technical ways but I can appreciate the efficiency and utility of it at times. Technology is what it is — a vehicle or instrument. It should be used to bring about cohesion and enlightenment amongst us.

 

We do observe that many people exploit the good of it, which is sad.

 

May the source be with you!

3 km


 

No comments: