Sunday 3 January 2021

Friday, January 1, 2021

243 Avenue Road, Toronto

 

Here There

 

It’s funny how the monkey mind works. When there are snow flurries, such as what we received today, then that monkey races to green space. When I’m in green space I think of snow and how it cools down heat intensity. And it was for a moment that my feisty mind landed in a place, like Jackson, California, a small city I walked through.

 

People came to meet me in Detert Park where we sat on the green and under the green. There were folks I met along the way as well as some who read about my walks and the scheduled talk for that Saturday morning. It was sweet being away from the sun for a change. Again, the rascal mind strikes.

 

So now, back in the land of snow, being in the present—this afternoon we broadcast, via Zoom, “Rolling the Dice,” our first film endeavor. Comments were good. I was proud of our actors. Although we still have a ways to go, technically, I think Michaela did a fine job with her camera work. People can still see this production through YouTube at https://youtu.be/N6xH1NuFDVs

 

Because of the pandemic and restrictions imposed on our thespian crew, who are accustom to stage presentations, they must learn to act for the camera. That’s the route we will be taking for the next little while. I’m hoping we will improve with this service and work towards excellence.

 

There goes the mind again. I am thinking about downtown Jackson. It’s got that old cowboy, western type of image.

 

May the source be with you!

2 km


 

No comments: