Tuesday 8 December 2020

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Christie Pits, Toronto

 

Talking It Up and the Eyes of God

 

We had a full day of rain, then a full day of snow. Finally, on Tuesday, the sun reigned and dominated the skies.

 

After a session of cleaning in the kitchen and taking a small portion of kheer, a sweet prep quite renowned in our temple in Toronto, I laid down on the floor to bathe in the rays of the sun. What a comfort that was, receiving vitamin D in such a fine dose, along with the prana in the air due to having my windows open.

 

I heard the ringtone on my phone. It was Victor, my young Muslim friend, who asked for a walking opportunity. “Yes, let’s go to the Pits. The sun will be shooting through to the east-west direction on Bloor”, is what I suggested.

 

The appointment was on. As usual, Victor struck up a conversation regarding spiritual beliefs. We took a break at the park bench at Christie Pits. We began to speak about idol worship. He is anticipating a visit to Mecca.

 

“Oh yes! Muslims worship the idol, the Kaaba, a stone image,” I said. He found that interesting. I mentioned that I have a cousin who questions my practice of idol worship in the temple and I respond by saying, “In your Christianity you have your crucifix which you adore.”

 

Victor and I were enjoying the sun. “Some people worship the sun but we say in Islam that nothing should stand in the way of the one God,” he remarked.

 

I responded that the sun is a part of the universal God. It is his eye and the moon is his other eye. God blinks, shifting as day and night. He liked that. I confirmed there is one Supreme Person and that Person empowers the sun, the moon, you and me, etc.

 

With our walk complete, and the day also, I laid down on my bed with the moonlight pouring on my body, perfectly aimed.

 

May the source be with you!

6 km


 

No comments: