Tuesday 8 December 2020

Thursday, December 3, 202

243 Avenue Road, Toronto

 

Got Into Cleaning

 

I got into cleaning again, tackling another corner of the kitchen. In truth, there’s too many items and too much clutter. However, it’s therapy. Cleaning anything in the temple/ashram is like cleaning the corners of your heart.

 

Included in the fun is being in the room with two younger, Bangladeshi devotees. One is cooking and the other cleaning the pots. I have to be careful not to be too isolated in my upstairs room. Lest it be perceived as an ivory tower. I feel the driving need to give time to these two hard and dedicated workers, Dwarkanatha and Uttamananda, respectively.

 

I also, on a daily basis, get to chum with two senior devotees, Dharmaprana and Dakshin, when we sit down together and read from the book Chaitanya Charitamrta. I basically read aloud about the great monk himself, Chaitanya. It was He who was so divinely motivated to do so much walking by going on pilgrimage. He also championed big-time cleaning of temples, most notably the famous Gundicha Temple in Puri, India.

 

Between the classes (I gave) and kitchen seva (service) I’m on the phone for classes via Zoom, as well as to encourage our leaders in our Northern-zone to contribute to the sponsorship of Bhagavada-gitas. They will be installed in prisons, hotels/motels, hospitals and other institutions such as libraries.

 

It’s working. I hate to say “no walking” today but that’s what happened or rather didn’t happen.

 

May the Source be with you!

0 km


 

No comments: