Thursday 3 December 2020

Monday, November 30, 2020

The Temple, Toronto

 

Permanent?

 

I received my permanent bridge. It was installed in my mouth and it looks great. The word “permanent” may be deceiving. The only power that I understand to be of a lasting fixture is the soul. But, you know, I wasn’t about to have a dispute with my dentist on the use of the word. He even admitted it’s good for about 20 years.

 

The soul, the Supersoul, brahman, or the spiritual energy all around us, is eternal but that is not the same case for any dental office. The theme is “teeth” and such a clinic as this is geared toward seeing clients have good choppers and a smiling face with a shiny keyboard, the dentures.

 

I thanked my dentist and I left a bulging bag of crispy organic apples for the lunch room. The crew really is wonderful at the clinic and offer their service with a smile. They rather remind me of the smiles I saw this morning on the deity shrine. Krishna, in his various manifestations, looked dazzling, all of them looking grand in their colourful attire. My day begins like this, glancing at the images of the Supreme.

 

Later in the afternoon I spoke on the phone with the man who welded together the gates to the deity shrine. His name is Murali Krishna, an American-born devotee. Yes, Murali was well liked by his peers and congregates. There was such a buzz at his time, in the mid to late 70’s, when Murali became the temple coordinator. He really is a people-person, apart from being the skilled artist and craftsman that he is. Those gates protecting the deities are quite solid. They were installed in ‘77 or ‘78. They will last, but they are not permanent.

 

May the Source be with you!

0 km


 

 

No comments: