Tuesday 22 December 2020

Monday, December 14, 2020

243 Avenue Rd., Toronto

 

A Sweet Instagram Post

 

I asked Billy to do me a favor and quickly produce a promo for the Bhagavad-Gita drive for this month of December and leading into January. I asked him because he’s musical, artistic and has a good pulse on just where the public is at. He was totally agreeable and within a short time, one evening, he whipped up something.

 

With an image of our guru, Prabhupada, he added some moving graphics and also a voice in the background giving some direction to the accompaniment of the sweet sound of sitar, tabla and kartals. I thought it was a terrific, slick product for Instagram. It is an original. It loops but, you know, the public surprises me.

 

The response was weak. I do not know why? Maybe it was the wording they didn’t much care for? At least the caption on top “Give to Live” was catchy enough. The message certainly wasn’t offensive. No comment came, at least as of 24 hours later. For me, it is always a plus when the image of Prabhupada’s joyful and pure face goes out there.

 

It’s always great to see his smile. It makes me smile. Coincidentally I paid another visit to the dentist, once again, for a filling. In the end you become a bit more proud of your teeth. It was also good to see the smile of my driver, Nanda Maharaj, as we talked for some time over less grave matters. In the lifestyle of bhakti yoga there should be time for the capturing of beautiful moments each day.

 

May the Source be with you!

0 km


 

No comments: