Friday 13 February 2015

Saturday, February 7th, 2015

Mayapur, India

I Was Coming


I was coming from lunch in what's called the Lotus Building and when I was descending the stairs a young male Russian doing the same made an observation.  We both noticed the pilgrims from Kolkata.  They were sitting, resting, and playing on the grassy grounds.

The Russian devotee remarked, "They really know how to enjoy." I concurred.

In the developed world people get bored if you don't pay a big fee for a water park.  And I said, "If there's no engine next to you making a roaring noise, how do you get stimulated?" 

Naturally these people are coming from Kolkata, "The City of Joy."  They consider this outing a great time.  They came here in a crammed bus, went through hellish traffic, then stood in the sun in a long queue for lunch - on arrival.  All this and no complaints.  They are an unspoiled group.  They enjoy each others' company.  "I hope that this country won't become developed," I thought.  Incredible India!

I have always felt that about this amazing land.  People smile.  They enjoy the simple things and very much value relationships.  It is a resilient race that survived subjugation for hundreds of years.  Mind you, challenges are there but for the most part, India's spiritual foundation can be identified as the reason for its upbeatedness. 

There is a need to clean house.  It is crowded in places and the lavatories are minimal in number but this great land of Bharat can truly be noted for its glowing dharma.

May the Source be with you!

5 KM

No comments: