Monday 23 February 2015

Friday, February 20th, 2015

Mayapur, India

Holy Holy Holy is His Name


A sincere friend from London, Canada forwarded an excerpt from John Michael Talbot, founder of a monastic religious community.

"My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord
And my spirit exalts in God my Saviour
For He has looked with mercy on my lowliness
And my name will be forever exalted
For the mighty God has done great things for me
And His mercy will reach from age to age

And holy, holy, holy is His name."

Here resonates a massage that transcends the borders of religious denomination.  This is an across-the-board reality expressed by one evolved soul.

Along these lines, chanting sacred sound did take the prominent seat on Mayapur grounds.  In what is called "The Panca Tattva Hall" the final day of a five-day sacred sound extravaganza played itself out.  Personally I found myself caught up in the kirtan frenzy and so did others.  We were chanting and dancing almost as if intoxicated.  At one point I was hoisted and put to crowd-surfing.  When it was time for what I considered was my expiry I tried to make an exit, but a group of these young men formed a fun-loving human barricade.  Then to make matters more challenging the act of shutting the doors to block me demonstrated their determination.  The compromise was that they take up again the swami in the air and bring him to his room!  The frivolity took no less than forty men to go three blocks and up three levels of stairs where to come to my doorstep at 504 Gada Building just minutes before midnight.

All done in good fun!

May the Source be with you!

5 KM

No comments: