Saturday 9 August 2014

Wednesday, August 6th, 2014

Madrid, Spain

Fast In and Fast Out

It’s a first for me in Madrid, we had a few hours to kill, so to speak.  No better place could be found, but any place where there’s devotion, right?  Arrival time to Madrid was early and a nice person, temple commander of this ISKCON Centre came for the pickup of a monk and his travelling assistant, Mohit, to that place of devotion.

It’s Europe, you know, so everything is tight in the developed part of the city.  Whether it be kitchen, bedroom, toilet, eating space, it’s tight, but smartly tight.  European architecture?  Beautiful! 

I gave a talk, had no time for a walk.  Temple is quaint, devotees sweet, time to depart.  Our car smashed into the door of a truck.  Quickly, Mohit and I had to switch to a cab. 

In fast forward, over the Atlantic, came the arrival into Canada.  We were greeted by a smiling Maha Bhagavat, a member of our Toronto community.  At his home, we munched on wraps.  Instead of a nap at his home, I vied for a stroll via Finch Avenue down on Leslie Street and then Eglinton Avenue. 

When I walk, I take it all in, I observe, I smell, I experience, I nod (to people), I notice the concrete, the grass, the apple and plum trees, the Rivers.  I see cracks in the sidewalk, and I see solid spots.  I see below me and above me and the front of me, especially when crossing the road.  I have no radio, no box in which to be crammed as in automobile.  I am free and I watch prisoners of cars go by me.  I’m free up to a point until I get picked up to get brought back home.  Then, it’s a different kind of freedom, because I’m with spiritual people.

May the Source be with you!

6 KM

No comments: