Monday 18 August 2014

Thursday, August 14th, 2014


Brampton, Ontario

Bring It On

Bike trails are yet to be developed in a big way in this sprawling new place called Brampton.  I did a little personal checking up on trails for hiking in the Sandalwood Parkway area where I was staying overnight.  In these burbs you do find man made ponds, some have pathways which circle around them.  In the Dixie Road area there are some sidewalks chalked out along creeks and mini ravines.  At least some effort is being made to satisfy the pedestrian. 

I admit to getting judgmental about a place.  I consider that a settlement that has ample walking and cycling trails is first class.  It was also interesting to note that in Brampton, you can observe many members, seniors, of the Sikh community that do much walking.  Good for them.

After my dental appointment I trekked north on Dixie Road.  I passed by a prominent Baptist Church.  There at one wing of the building, a sign reads, “Integration Office”.  I thought, “Why doesn’t our temple have something like that?”  This would be a perfect service to assist newcomers into the community.  I imagine that even without a budget, all that is truly required to usher people into a new crowd is some time, attention and warmth – elements that are often absent in our crazy modern world. 

In general, I would like to say let’s bring on kindness. 

May the Source be with you!

10 KM

No comments: