Monday 18 August 2014

Tuesday, August 12th, 2014

Toronto, Ontario


Good Thoughts for Robin


When going through the security screening at the Vancouver Airport, a monitor was reporting the news of the death of comedian, Robin Williams.  That’s sad.  He made a lot of people laugh.  God produced a very talented man in him.

When getting fetched at the Toronto Airport, greeter, Rajneesh, informed me how Mr. Williams gave up his own life due to depression.  That’s also sad.  It’s like the proverbial symptom of the sad clown.

It is well understood that life is tough and that there are hard circumstances to bear.  Many of us live a dual world with heaviness in the heart while we show a bright face.  To Robin we offer our respects and wish him a good chance in the next life.

News of this sudden departure caught my attention once again momentarily in the course of a cooling evening walk.  It brought my thoughts to the mode of prayer.  When I was just recently in Vancouver I was approached by someone who admitted to having a rocky marriage with a spouse.  The person asked that I please put prayers out for the relationship’s salvation.

Reassuringly I said, “Of course I will.”  Thinking of Robin’s going reminded me of prayer being important.  It usually means sending good vibes out there and a call for help.  It throws you into a wholesome dependency.  Now, just because I play a spiritual role doesn’t mean I’m the only one to enlist in this practice of prayers.  It’s for everyone.

May the Source be with you!

5 KM

No comments: